Friday, November 16, 2012
The SharePoint 2013 backup architecture and recovery processes include farm backup and recovery, granular backup and recovery, and recovery from an unattached content database. You can complete backup and recovery operations by using the SharePoint Central Administration website or Windows PowerShell cmdlets. Note that some built-in backup and recovery tools may not meet all the requirements of your organization.
Million thanks to Microsoft for publishing such wonderful articles and make it publicly available to all of us.
The following articles on TechNet and related resources provide information about backup solutions for SharePoint 2013.The IT professionals who are responsible for backup and recovery solutions are expected to have an understanding of the technical backup details.
A backup is a copy of data that is used to restore and recover that data after a system failure. While backups allow you to restore data after a failure they are also useful to keep for routine purposes. These purposes include copying a database from one server to another, setting up database mirroring, and archiving to comply with regulatory requirements.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Strange error, hmm !!
When you enable a scheduled data refresh on the workbook, you receive the following error message from the SQL Server Analysis Services instance:
Error Code: 3241607174
A connection corresponding to the embedded PowerPivot data was not found in the Excel workbook, file File Name .
If you wanna resolve this issue then please convey MILLION THANKS to Microsoft as they have already published an article on this:
Monday, November 12, 2012
To enable the audit log by using Central Administration
· On the Central Administration home page,
· In the Application Management section,
· Click Manage service applications.
· Select the Secure Store service application.
· On the ribbon, click Properties.
· From the Enable Audit section,
· Click to select the Audit log enabled box.
· To change the number of days that entries will be purged from the audit log file, specify a number in days in the Days until Purge field.
· The default value is 30 days.
· Click OK.
Configure audit settings for a site collection
Please use the following link in which Microsoft has given a very detailed description that references each and every minor point regarding audit settings:
It consists of:
· Auditing event information
· Trimming the audit logs (new enhancements in SP2010 and SP2013 as compare to earlier versions)
· Configure audit log trimming
· Configure events to audit
View audit log reports
Following link will help you to understand the following points:
· Events available for audit log reports
· Available audit log reports
· View audit log reports
Please let me know in case of any queries/questions so that we can discuss and sort it out quickly.